November 21st, 22nd, 23rd
America's Video Game Expo (VGXPO) is one of the largest video game events on the East Coast, especially this year as they are combining forces with the East Coast Games Summit and RetroCon, making the three shows into one giant gaming convention.
America's Video Game Expo is where, as Jen Johnson, Director of VGXPO states "gamers and industry insiders come together to celebrate video games.", plus its chock full of so many events you won't know what to do first.
Over 20,000 sq feet of exhibition space, RetroCon celebrates classic video games with a museum, social events, art gallery, auction and loads of dealers.
East Coast Games Summit:
The East Coast's premiere show for video game professionals and those interested in careers in gaming. Includes special guest speakers from the top publishers, developers and schools.
- The Video Game Museum: A look at the history of video games right before you eyes with an exhibit displaying loads of console and arcade systems from the past, all open for free play. A must for classic video game fans.
- J2 Games Video Game Art Gallery: Classic video game packaging, promo and design art from the golden age of gaming.
- Classic Gaming Auction: Bid on video game rarities or sell your own retro games.
- Retro Meet & Greet: A super social event for classic video game lovers.
- VGXPO's After Hours and Gaming In the Dark: When the sun goes down the arcade lights go on in a nighttime event of music and gaming, partying and playing on up until 1AM. Includes music inspired by video games, LAN & console gaming tournaments, a laser light show and Cosplay contests.
- R-Botx Fest: 3-Days of robotic competitions and engineering feats from high school students.
- Anime-Game Festival: A mini-Anime Convention filled with panels, karaoke, gaming tournaments, film screenings and dealers.
- Intel Extreme Master’s America’s Championships: American team competitions including Counter-Strike 1.6 and World of Warcraft.
- 'Breaking In': 2-Day event for folks seeking careers in the world of gaming.
- Expo Hall: Publishers and developers showing off their new and upcoming games, plus dealers and retailers selling the new and retro video games, systems, accessories and paraphernalia.
- Cosplay Costume Competition: If you read the title you can already guess what this is all about. Participants work on their costumes all year for this event.
- Videotopia 2008 - VGXPO Arcades: A traveling classic coin-op arcade museum of over 100 games, all free to play.
- Gaming Competitions: Numerous competitions and challenges in console, PC and retro gaming, with cash prizes.
- Celebrity Guests: Loads of Guest Speakers from all parts of the gaming business, including developers, producers, designers, recruiters, schools and publishers.
- Battle of the Video Game Bands: Guitar Hero and Rock Band competitions – ‘nuf said.
- Sneak Peaks: Game, Anime, TV and Film Screenings - Previews of upcoming genre movies, and shows, including special screenings and Q&A sessions on video game related films.
- East Coast Games Summit: Three days of presentations, lectures, networking on careers and the business side of gaming.